Silver and Gold Troll

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Silver and Gold Troll

Post by darkangel07760 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:15 am

I am keeping my fingers crossed for a new job.. I did the first and second interviews, and now I need to wait... I will know within 1 to 3 weeks.  If I get this job, my pay will double, and I desperately need that to happen!  I am on a very limited budget right now and it would be nice to cut loose a little.
If I get this job, I was thinking about buying a gold Trollbead bracelet and lock and putting my Happy Universe on it. I might grab one or two other gold beads, but I would keep the look super simple.  I would try to find them on sale because full price, in my opinion, is way too expensive.
What are your thoughts on gold Troll?   Is it worth the money, in terms of quality, or should I just stick with silver Troll?  What would be the best value?
I don't mind mixing metals, but  I do prefer things to look the same, which is why I would shell out the big bucks for the gold bracelet.  Happy Universe is a surprise for me, because I normally cannot stand mixed metals!  But because one side is gold and one side is silver, for some reason I am ok with that. 
I would also love to see some pics of your gold Troll!
Thanks Smile

darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Re: Silver and Gold Troll

Post by beadbrain on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:02 am

I Love LOVE Love the look of silver and gold together!!  My first and ABSOLUTE favorite "mixed" bead was S/G Hallelujah Bead....bought it when it was first released (before the pricing went through the roof!!)....and I have a couple of all gold that I think look great on a silver bracelet....especially with the mixed beads blended through. 

Best of luck with the new job prospect, and maybe "feel out" the gold on a silver bracelet look before plunking down the $$$ on a gold bracelet....who knows, if you end up liking it, all the $$$ you would have spent on a gold bracelet could be put toward MORE S/G beads!!!

Either way, what a great feeling to be up for a job that will allow you a little financial breathing room!! GOOD LUCK!!

Edited to add:  I'll try to dig up my camera and add pictures ASAP!!

beadbrain
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by splinty on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:27 am

Fingers crossed for you darkangel, I really hope you'll get that job Cross fingers  Hug

It's all down to personal taste I think.  I won't be much help with your decision making as I love mixing metals and prefer my jewellery a bit grungy and eclectic. I do have some gold TBs, but there are only a few I really like ~ I think some of the designs lose something without the oxidation of the silver and can look a bit flat and lacking in definition (again just my personal preferences).  I have gold brew of the moor which I love, probably because it's an open latticework style so the silver shows through haha ~ and I also think endless works great in gold, but others like the gold lotus I have, I confess to still preferring my silver ones.  I do love the silver/gold with dark oxidation like 2+2 and planet though, I love the look they give a bracelet.  So, like I said, I'm no help at all because I have odd taste Laughing .  
Hope others can post piccies for you so you can work out exactly what you like too Sculptor

splinty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaAura on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:09 am

I agree with Splinty - I have a few mixed metal beads and love them. The daisy and the strawberries work well in mixed metals. The only gold bead I have bought is brew of the moor, just because I love the bead and it was a good price. I like them combined with gemstones, esp the smokey and golden quartz.

Good luck! Hope you have some good news soon, Darkangel!

AquaAura
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:18 am

I think you guys are right... I really like the grunginess of silver... I wish gold oxidised!  But las, due to its chemical composition, that will not happen.  I am waiting on the Happy Universe, and I will pop that on a silver bracelet for now...

darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:33 am

I had a lot of gold ,very much ,and now they go one by one,i'm finished with gold.I like the look of silver much more these days.
TB gold is very expensive and ik think for me personal ,that when you get a new job and have now a low budget,you better spend your money on thing that are more important than gold TB.

Good luck !!

Kathleen
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyfeet on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:13 am

Custom gold ! Drool

Fuzzyfeet
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:18 am

Got one left over if you want it Razz:P

Kathleen
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:27 am

Did not some one have the gold plate beads?

Michelle
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Monique26 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:33 pm

I like the gold, but it is totally different from the silver combinations.
I also noticed that more and more LDs are not carrying the gold, so it kind of limits what kind of combinations can be done.
I like the design gold, the triangles, the spots . . . though the floral combinations can be beautiful too.
I would look at the bracelets that folks have done in gold too see what can be combined. Have fun shopping and planning.

Monique26
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by minty on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:34 pm

So maybe I'm able to give a little input on the precious metals side (sorry my geologist heart forces me to do so study )

so gold (999,9) is currently about 1300 $ an ounce and silver (999,9) is about 20 $ an ounce. Making a quick example calculation with the TB 'three siblings'

TS silver (925) weighs 3,03 gramms, retail 53 $  - silver in the bead is worth about 1,80 $

TS gold (750) weighs 4,17 gramms, retail 1033 $  - gold in the bead is worth about 130 $

So the price of the gold bead is 8 times higher than the cost of the raw material and the price of the silver bead is 30 times higher than the cost of the raw material.

It seems a gold bead is always a better investment than a silver bead (money wise) but since (for me) jewellry is never an investment, I would always buy silver beads (+ a gold coin $$)

minty
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Freki on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:51 pm

I guess jewelry is never a good investment, but, oh well. tongue 

I wonder how far I'd get if I had to bribe border guards or buy bread on the black market with a handful of Trollbeads? Very Happy

Freki
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by trollfinder on Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:12 pm

I think the price of gold Trollbeads is outrageous, BUT, I love them Rolling Eyes. I would love a few more custom gold beads if I am able Cross fingers I think the best way to try Trollbeads gold is with the 50% off sales which are happening more and more lately. I love the warm glimmering glow of 18k gold beads, they are special. I don't buy beads as an investment but gold will only increase in value over time.
However, I thought I remember you mentioning that you prefer white metals so I am not sure you would love the gold as much as the silvers and that it would be worth spending the money.
I love mixing metals, I love how it looks so I tend to use a gold bead or two on a mostly silver combo, it really makes the gold pop. I do have an all gold combo that I love, it feels so luxurious to wear. I will post a pic of my gold bracelet tonight.

Minty, thank you for that information Smile I find that very interesting.

trollfinder
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:57 pm

beadbrain wrote:I Love LOVE Love the look of silver and gold together!!  My first and ABSOLUTE favorite "mixed" bead was S/G Hallelujah Bead....bought it when it was first released (before the pricing went through the roof!!)....and I have a couple of all gold that I think look great on a silver bracelet....especially with the mixed beads blended through. 

Best of luck with the new job prospect, and maybe "feel out" the gold on a silver bracelet look before plunking down the $$$ on a gold bracelet....who knows, if you end up liking it, all the $$$ you would have spent on a gold bracelet could be put toward MORE S/G beads!!!

Either way, what a great feeling to be up for a job that will allow you a little financial breathing room!! GOOD LUCK!!

Edited to add:  I'll try to dig up my camera and add pictures ASAP!!

yes!  please do!

darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:58 pm

Kathleen wrote:I had a lot of gold ,very much ,and now they go one by one,i'm finished with gold.I like the look of silver much more these days.
TB gold is very expensive and ik think for me personal ,that when you get a new job and have now a low budget,you better spend your money on thing that are more important than gold TB.

Good luck !!

maybe a rose gold dragon bead? Wink

darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:00 pm

trollfinder wrote:I think the price of gold Trollbeads is outrageous, BUT, I love them Rolling Eyes. I would love a few more custom gold beads if I am able Cross fingers I think the best way to try Trollbeads gold is with the 50% off sales which are happening more and more lately. I love the warm glimmering glow of 18k gold beads, they are special. I don't buy beads as an investment but gold will only increase in value over time.
However, I thought I remember you mentioning that you prefer white metals so I am not sure you would love the gold as much as the silvers and that it would be worth spending the money.
I love mixing metals, I love how it looks so I tend to use a gold bead or two on a mostly silver combo, it really makes the gold pop. I do have an all gold combo that I love, it feels so luxurious to wear. I will post a pic of my gold bracelet tonight.

Minty, thank you for that information Smile I find that very interesting.

shoulda worn that the other day when we hung out!!! i can't wait to see your gold bracelet.
it is true, love white metals more, but maybe rose gold would work better Wink

darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:01 pm

thanks everyone for the good wishes!  i hope i get this job too!
now lets see some gold bracelets!!!

darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:17 pm

Some thoughts...
Totally left field...
sunny
cyclops
silver bracelet, greyhound lock, Happy Universe, Gold lotus, gold lucky knot, these beads flanking Happy Universe.  Maybe that will be my permanent bracelet...

darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:21 pm

If anyone has these three, can they model it on a silver bracelet for me?
this CLICKED.
this might be it! 
just need to see what it would look like!

darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by darkangel07760 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:29 pm

If these two beads would be way too tiny to properly flank Happy Universe, then I need to choose two others... Brew Of the Moor sounds lovely, but I have no clue how that would look...
I like a simpler bracelet, I never wear a full one, so three gold beads on a silver bracelet would be ideal for me.
I will be getting my happy universe in about a week, so excited!!!
Anyone have suggestions as to which gold beads would look beast on either sid eof Happy Universe?

darkangel07760
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum