BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trollbeads Day Bead

+16
plumbun
Trollfan
Michelle
stacecase
strike
kyhalfpt
Alegria
Gail201
fairytroll
Beady-Eyed
reltan
trollmoll
splinty
cshynkaruk
Kathleen
laurenp
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Trollbeads Day Bead Empty Trollbeads Day Bead

Post by laurenp Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:07 am

Did anyone pre-order this bead sight unseen? I'm a little disappointed, I love trollbeads with faces by this looks a little too evil for me!

Photos here:
http://www.charmsaddict.com/2014/07/trollbeads-day-bead-unveiled/

laurenp
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Posts : 180
Join date : 2011-04-04

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads Day Bead Empty Re: Trollbeads Day Bead

Post by Kathleen Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:33 am

I didn't order and deceided i can live without it.
Kathleen
Kathleen
Trolldiva

Posts : 1850
Join date : 2011-01-13

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads Day Bead Empty Re: Trollbeads Day Bead

Post by cshynkaruk Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:52 pm

Pre ordered but not for me. Where did my avatar go?


Last edited by cshynkaruk on Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
cshynkaruk
cshynkaruk
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Posts : 1150
Join date : 2011-12-16

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads Day Bead Empty Re: Trollbeads Day Bead

Post by splinty Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:56 pm

laurenp wrote:Did anyone pre-order this bead sight unseen? I'm a little disappointed, I love trollbeads with faces by this looks a little too evil for me!
Think Wallace and Gromit and maybe it won't seem so evil for you?  Very Happy Very Happy 
splinty
splinty
Admin

Posts : 3852
Join date : 2011-01-12
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads Day Bead Empty Re: Trollbeads Day Bead

Post by trollmoll Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:31 pm

One of the comments on yesterday's ET review mentioned the scary faces as casting out negativity, Perfect for wearing to face difficult situations!
trollmoll
trollmoll
Trolldiva

Posts : 1979
Join date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads Day Bead Empty Re: Trollbeads Day Bead

Post by splinty Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:35 pm

That's how I've always viewed them, protective rather than malevolent  Halo
But they have different meanings to different people; I feel the same with skulls, they represent life and consciousness and making the most of our impermanence to me, rather than death and the macabre  Smile
splinty
splinty
Admin

Posts : 3852
Join date : 2011-01-12
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads Day Bead Empty Re: Trollbeads Day Bead

Post by reltan Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:52 pm

splinty wrote:That's how I've always viewed them, protective rather than malevolent  Halo
But they have different meanings to different people; I feel the same with skulls, they represent life and consciousness and making the most of our impermanence to me, rather than death and the macabre  Smile

 Agree
reltan
reltan
Troll Guru

Posts : 4874
Join date : 2012-07-30
Location : Italy

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads Day Bead Empty Re: Trollbeads Day Bead

Post by Beady-Eyed Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:56 pm

Even if it's too extreme for me personally, I'm thrilled it wasn't a cutesy, corny, kitschy cupcake/teddy/heart 2014!
Beady-Eyed
Beady-Eyed
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Posts : 1327
Join date : 2011-02-26
Location : western U.S.

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads Day Bead Empty Re: Trollbeads Day Bead

Post by fairytroll Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:29 pm

Beady-Eyed wrote:Even if it's too extreme for me personally, I'm thrilled it wasn't a cutesy, corny, kitschy cupcake/teddy/heart 2014!

 Agree 
fairytroll
fairytroll
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Posts : 628
Join date : 2012-07-22
Location : Southern U.S.

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads Day Bead Empty Re: Trollbeads Day Bead

Post by Gail201 Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:19 pm

fairytroll wrote:
Beady-Eyed wrote:Even if it's too extreme for me personally, I'm thrilled it wasn't a cutesy, corny, kitschy cupcake/teddy/heart 2014!


 Agree 
 Agree 
Gail201
Gail201
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Posts : 1077
Join date : 2014-01-24
Location : Wisconsin

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads Day Bead Empty Re: Trollbeads Day Bead

Post by Alegria Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:30 pm

I bought it today and i love it.It's on my bangle with the Two Trolls.
Alegria
Alegria
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Posts : 154
Join date : 2011-11-08
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads Day Bead Empty Re: Trollbeads Day Bead

Post by kyhalfpt Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:27 pm

Ummmm does it have a name other than trollbeads day bead?
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Posts : 3411
Join date : 2013-02-16
Location : NJ

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads Day Bead Empty Re: Trollbeads Day Bead

Post by strike Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:33 pm

kyhalfpt wrote:Ummmm does it have a name other than trollbeads day bead?

The shop on trollbeads.com has it listed as "Trollbeads Day 2014" so I guess that's its official name.
strike
strike
Troll Guru

Posts : 3114
Join date : 2013-03-08
Location : Ontario, Canada

http://www.blackbootslonglegs.com

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads Day Bead Empty Re: Trollbeads Day Bead

Post by stacecase Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:39 pm

reltan wrote:
splinty wrote:That's how I've always viewed them, protective rather than malevolent  Halo
But they have different meanings to different people; I feel the same with skulls, they represent life and consciousness and making the most of our impermanence to me, rather than death and the macabre  Smile


 Agree

 Agree Agree  Very Happy Very Happy
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Posts : 3750
Join date : 2011-12-28
Location : The Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads Day Bead Empty Re: Trollbeads Day Bead

Post by Beady-Eyed Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:48 pm

kyhalfpt wrote:Ummmm does it have a name other than trollbeads day bead?


I'd call it "Three Trolls" or "Three Faces."  Are there any other previous beads with three trolls/faces on them?

I just saw one shop is calling it "Trios."


Last edited by Beady-Eyed on Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beady-Eyed
Beady-Eyed
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Posts : 1327
Join date : 2011-02-26
Location : western U.S.

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads Day Bead Empty Re: Trollbeads Day Bead

Post by Michelle Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:51 pm

Beady-Eyed wrote:



kyhalfpt wrote:Ummmm does it have a name other than trollbeads day bead?





I'd call it "Three Trolls" or "Three Faces."  Are there any other previous beads with three trolls/faces on them?



There is 2  of the tupilaks have 3 faces on only not in name. Masks 11120 has 3 faces only 3 eyes also  cyclops
I feel this part of Trollbeads is what I have missed in this bead to make 1 bead using part of another face.

Michelle
Troll Guru

Posts : 4895
Join date : 2011-01-14

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads Day Bead Empty Re: Trollbeads Day Bead

Post by Trollfan Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:59 pm

On the Dutch TB site it is presented as the Trollbeads Day bead: Intensity, Friendship, Joy made by Soren Nielsen.

Trollfan
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Posts : 497
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : The Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads Day Bead Empty Re: Trollbeads Day Bead

Post by kyhalfpt Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:52 am

My duo landed here for now:Trollbeads Day Bead 5F19EF00-1939-409E-A5D7-2A5FE3F9B3E5
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Posts : 3411
Join date : 2013-02-16
Location : NJ

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads Day Bead Empty Re: Trollbeads Day Bead

Post by stacecase Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:57 am

LOVE this!! Dark and gothic...a good talisman to ward off negativity Smile
stacecase
stacecase
Troll Guru

Posts : 3750
Join date : 2011-12-28
Location : The Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads Day Bead Empty Re: Trollbeads Day Bead

Post by plumbun Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:03 am

stacecase wrote:LOVE this!! Dark and gothic...a good talisman to ward off negativity Smile

 Agree really cool w/the onyx protective force
plumbun
plumbun
Troll Guru

Posts : 2914
Join date : 2011-06-25
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads Day Bead Empty Re: Trollbeads Day Bead

Post by kyhalfpt Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:05 am

plumbun wrote:
stacecase wrote:LOVE this!! Dark and gothic...a good talisman to ward off negativity Smile

 Agree really cool w/the onyx protective force

I must say I am feeling very protected wearing it!!! Laughing Laughing 
kyhalfpt
kyhalfpt
Troll Guru

Posts : 3411
Join date : 2013-02-16
Location : NJ

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads Day Bead Empty Re: Trollbeads Day Bead

Post by Fleur Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:34 am

Congrats on your duo (and winning the give away bead).   cheers 
I love it with the onyx, very troll!
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Posts : 3066
Join date : 2011-01-16
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads Day Bead Empty Re: Trollbeads Day Bead

Post by Catsworld Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:42 am

Mine arrived this morning, and I really like it, nice and substantial, love the faces (they might need a dentist though) and I think they can go on almost any trollish combo  Twisted Evil sunny cat 
so for me it is a positive surprise!
Catsworld
Catsworld
Troll Guru

Posts : 6147
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads Day Bead Empty Re: Trollbeads Day Bead

Post by Kathleen Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:10 am

Kathleen wrote:I didn't order and deceided i can live without it.

Edit Laughing 
Ordered on because goldmine had a great price,so couldn't resist Embarassed 
Last Tb this year Razz 
Kathleen
Kathleen
Trolldiva

Posts : 1850
Join date : 2011-01-13

Back to top Go down

Trollbeads Day Bead Empty Re: Trollbeads Day Bead

Post by Brightonbelle Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:11 am

Catsworld wrote:Mine arrived this morning, and I really like it, nice and substantial, love the faces (they might need a dentist though) and I think they can go on almost any trollish combo  Twisted Evil sunny cat 
so for me it is a positive surprise!



Come on - make one of your wonderful designs please.
Brightonbelle
Brightonbelle
Beadaddict

Posts : 11405
Join date : 2011-02-21
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum