BEADTHRILLED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gdansk and Amber Spree New Pictures added

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gdansk and Amber Spree New Pictures added Empty Gdansk and Amber Spree New Pictures added

Post by Carla Sun May 08, 2011 11:45 pm

First pictures of the beautiful city of Gdansk. The Old Town Section was beautiful. We spent two days walking, sitting by the water and shopping. The weather was lovely. We have visited Poland before but the amount of Amber here was amazing.
Gdansk and Amber Spree New Pictures added IMG_3260
Gdansk and Amber Spree New Pictures added IMG_3262
Gdansk and Amber Spree New Pictures added IMG_3265Gdansk and Amber Spree New Pictures added IMG_3276Gdansk and Amber Spree New Pictures added IMG_3268Gdansk and Amber Spree New Pictures added IMG_3281Gdansk and Amber Spree New Pictures added IMG_3274

And finally the amber:
Gdansk and Amber Spree New Pictures added IMG_3277
Four new ambers green(ish) amber on the left.
Gdansk and Amber Spree New Pictures added IMG_3284Gdansk and Amber Spree New Pictures added IMG_3282
An anniversary present with green ambers on either side of the large chunk:Gdansk and Amber Spree New Pictures added IMG_3288
And more ambers for my bracelet:
Gdansk and Amber Spree New Pictures added IMG_3303
Gdansk and Amber Spree New Pictures added IMG_3307
I had a wonderful weekend and I would love to go back someday to spend more time in Gdansk.

Last edited by Carla on Mon May 09, 2011 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Carla
Carla
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Gdansk and Amber Spree New Pictures added Empty Re: Gdansk and Amber Spree New Pictures added

Post by neonfiller Mon May 09, 2011 12:13 am

Fabulous collection!!! I'm in awe and would love to be able to see these beauties irl. I really love your knowledge of ambers!! I think I may have a few green ambers, perhaps you could help me identify some of mine if I post pics. I love you
neonfiller
neonfiller
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Gdansk and Amber Spree New Pictures added Empty Re: Gdansk and Amber Spree New Pictures added

Post by trollcat Mon May 09, 2011 1:11 am

Woo hoo Carla you've got some amazing ambers from your trip! Hurray I love the pictures of the city, thank you so much for sharing. Very Happy Looks like a place that should be on any amber-lover's to-go-to list.
trollcat
trollcat
Bead Whisperer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pond Mon May 09, 2011 2:42 am

You certainly bagged some beauties, Carla.
Pond
Pond
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bsktbabe Mon May 09, 2011 2:46 am

Gorgeous, Carla! Beautiful photos!

Bsktbabe
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

http://www.longaberger.com/beckymitchell

Back to top Go down

Post by Chewbacca Mon May 09, 2011 3:23 am

Wow, you found some awesome ambers! I would love to find one of those wide ones! Were there a lot of ambers in that city?
Chewbacca
Chewbacca
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla Mon May 09, 2011 7:27 am

@Chewbacca wrote:Wow, you found some awesome ambers! I would love to find one of those wide ones! Were there a lot of ambers in that city?

Amber vendors and shops were everywhere. Saturday there were street markets of amber. I was overwhelmed by choice. Even DH bought two chunks Laughing
Carla
Carla
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaidspurse Mon May 09, 2011 10:07 am

Wow, Carla! I absolutely NEED to go to Gdansk (and come back broken Two cents Crying or Very sad)! I've been searching everywhere for a barrel shaped amber, perhaps I'd find one there (doesn't have to be Troll!).
What a wonderful haul and yes, those are the real greenish ambers with their natural hue, not those artificial looking treated ones! Wonderful pics, also of the town, TFS!
mermaidspurse
mermaidspurse
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by jodeva39 Mon May 09, 2011 10:12 am

affraid affraid affraid My eyes are popping out of my head! Bead Envy.
jodeva39
jodeva39
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlyn Mon May 09, 2011 1:54 pm

Love the photos of Gdansk, it looks so old and quaint, the perfect place to visit, especially with all those gorgeous ambers there Very Happy
Merlyn
Merlyn
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Beadgirl Mon May 09, 2011 2:29 pm

It looks like a beautiful place. TFS your pics. Smile Love love love your large barrel amber. Stunning. Cool
Beadgirl
Beadgirl
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy Mon May 09, 2011 9:37 pm

Maybe we should plan a forum´s trip to Danzig Razz
Would love to see all those ambers IRL !!

TFS Carla, your pictures are beautiful !
snowy
snowy
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla Mon May 09, 2011 10:00 pm

@snowy wrote:Maybe we should plan a forum´s trip to Danzig Razz
Would love to see all those ambers IRL !!

TFS Carla, your pictures are beautiful !

I am ready to go back!!!
Carla
Carla
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by rollypoly troll Mon May 09, 2011 10:30 pm

Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Great Amber for the Amber Queen.
rollypoly troll
rollypoly troll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Wintertroll Tue May 10, 2011 1:34 am

What an amazing trip! Love the photos. I don't even have words for the ambers. They are unbelievable!
Wintertroll
Wintertroll
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by eeyore Tue May 10, 2011 2:46 am

Beautiful ambers...........love all the photos! Gdansk looks wonderful!
eeyore
eeyore
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by tonton Tue May 10, 2011 6:25 am

Beautiful place, lovely photos -- thanks so much for sharing! Gorgeous ambers! affraid affraid
tonton
tonton
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolls Tue May 10, 2011 11:54 am

@tonton wrote:Beautiful place, lovely photos -- thanks so much for sharing! Gorgeous ambers! affraid affraid

Agree!!!
Trolls
Trolls
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Silmaril Sun May 15, 2011 3:56 am

Fabulous photos Carla, TFS. Gdansk looks very interesting and those ambers are amazing. Your anniversary nugget necklace is spectacular, I love it! My parents will be visiting Poland mid-year, I really must clue Mum up. She is not at all averse to shopping - or amber. Very Happy
Silmaril
Silmaril
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildthing Sun May 15, 2011 8:55 am

Wowee, wonderful pictures and outstanding amber, much bead envy here.
Wildthing
Wildthing
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by saracat Sun May 15, 2011 12:05 pm

Wow, lots of Amber envy here! Those beads are amazing. Can I ask how the prices compared to Troll? I am trying to collect enough Amber for a bracelet but the really nice OOAK ambers are a bit pricey and I am finding it slow going. I wonder if a little trip to Gdansk might be in order with my lovely husband for our anniversary next year!
saracat
saracat
Trolladdict
Trolladdict

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur Sun May 15, 2011 12:29 pm

Great pics TFS your trip Very Happy

The ambers are absolutely stunning - all these varieties, colours and shapes. I just love the amber barrels.
Fleur
Fleur
Troll Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by luvintrollbeads Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:37 pm

im jealous!

luvintrollbeads
Trollbaby
Trollbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Trolldog Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:37 pm

Oh my Good Lord!!!!! Carla when did you say you were coming to the US? I may have to sneek off to your "landing airport" and kidnap your luggage...AND CARRY-ONS!!!

If ANYONE gets up a trip to this place, please let me place an order with you!!!!!
Trolldog
Trolldog
Trolldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by bijouxbabz Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:51 pm

I'm speechless.
bijouxbabz
bijouxbabz
Trollmeister
Trollmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum